Sunday 30 September 2018

Last Grit Tonight

It's time for an admission: I am a fan of HBO's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. It's a funny look at the craziness of the week's biggest stories that doesn't hold back or pull punches when Oliver is skewering someone or something. If there's one thing I could use more of on my television, it's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver because it's my favorite way to end a week. That being said, when they cross into the sports world with their sauciness, I sit up and take notice because the points that are made by Oliver are normally spot-on.

So why am I admitting that here? Well, the Philadelphia Flyers' new orange monstrosity was mentioned on the show this week as Gritty got the John Oliver treatment to kick off the show. Here is the short clip of Oliver discussing Gritty, and I caution parents because there is some adult language in this clip.
Pretty funny, right? Oliver pokes some fun with the newest NHL mascot, but I'm glad he highlighted the insanity surrounding Gritty in his first week of getting to know the big, furry, orange... thing.

It's not often that hockey is a topic for HBO's Last Week Tonight with John Oliver. I'm glad that the outrageous Philadelphia mascot got some love from HBO and Oliver. He certainly deserved it after the week he had!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: