Wednesday 13 January 2021

Hockey's Back!

Don't even bother contacting me tonight because my evening is booked. From the dinner hours right through to midnight (or beyond?), there's hockey on my television and laptop, making me officially unreachable. If anyone knocks at the door and they don't have some soft of food delivery service attachment, that too will go unanswered.

Ok, the above isn't entirely true, but having watched the Penguins and Flyers tangle already has me set for hockey over the next 120-or-so days. The Leafs and Canadiens are having fun while I write this while the Blackhawks are finding out just how good the defending Stanley Cup champions are as Tampa Bay has opened a nice lead on the boys from the Windy City.

Having completed a fantasy draft one night earlier, I guess I'm locked-in for the 2020-21 season. I'm not going to make predictions because that's not what this blog is about, but I will say that it's likely there will be a lot more positive hockey stories on this blog moving forward instead of the daily COVD-19-in-hockey reports that I seem to have filed over the last few months.

Enjoy the hockey tonight, folks! The NHL is back!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: