Friday 3 May 2024

An Early Night

I went looking for an image of someone who had a cold, and it's pretty incredible how many stock images have someone with a thermometer in their mouths. Growing up, I don't recall ever using a thermometer to determine my body temperature, so I struggle to understand why all the stock photos show someone with that device sticking out of the model's mouth. In any case, I'm not blogging or watching hockey tonight as I seem to have contracted a bit of a head cold as the congestion in the sinuses and headache are sapping me of any and all energy to stay awake. In that vein, I am calling it an evening as staying up to watch the Vancouver-Nashville game moves to "not a priority" since I can catch the highlights tomorrow.

If there's one series for which I need to have my energy back, it's Saturday's Game Seven between Boston and Toronto. As I've explained before, HBIC adheres to a strict ABT policy - "Anybody But Toronto" - due to Canadian sports media spending an obscene amount of time covering the Maple Leafs, so I'll temporarily be a Bruins fan tomorrow. And if things don't go Boston's way, I'll be a Florida Panthers fan in the next round. That's how it goes.

Tonight, though, it's an early bedtime for me as I try to shake this cold before the week starts on Monday. It's another busy week as Round Two starts in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, we're closing out Round One exit interviews on The Hockey Show, and the IIHF World Championship starts in Czechia, so I'm taking the night off to get back to one-hundred percent.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: