Sunday 3 June 2012

Zero Entries?

I was looking in the old inbox today, and I'm a little shocked at the lack of entries into HBIC's contests thus far. I've received a few reader articles that have been posted to HBIC already, but Peter S. was the only person to do so in May, and I have yet to receive anything for the Playoff Pulse contest. What's up with that? How is it that I get 60 entries into the HBIC Playoff Pool, but I can't give away an XBox game, a HNIC jersey, and a copy of Slap Shot? Is the contest too difficult? I mean, it's a picture and a screenshot. If that's too difficult, I guess my standards for FREE STUFF is set way too high.

In ranting about this, I want to let Peter S. know that I'll be contacting him this week about his May entry. He was the only person to take the soapbox on HBIC this month, so, by default, he'll get the prize. I haven't narrowed down exactly what it will be, but I promise I'll make it good, Peter. After all, you routinely send in articles and make comments, so I'll find you something solid.

As for anyone else reading this, I'll repeat that I'm giving away an XBox copy of NHL '12, an XL HNIC jersey, and a DVD copy of Slap Shot simply for sending in a picture and a screenshot. All you have to do is take a picture with anything that can capture a photo - an iPad, a Blackberry, a camera, ANYTHING - and send it to me with a screenshot of you liking the CBC Playoff Pulse page. With Los Angeles up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Final, there isn't much time left for you to send the images in. So get cracking!

Secondly, I'll be offering up prizes once again for the month of June of the best reader-submitted article. If you have any inclination or desire to write about hockey, put fingers to keyboard and email me your article. I'll review it, and I'll post it to HBIC. All you have to do is write about hockey, and you're entered for a prize!

With the HBIC Playoff Pool closing shortly, I'll post the winners of the twelve prize packs at the conclusion of the Stanley Cup Final. Check out the loot bags available on the right, especially if you're in the top-12, and we'll see how the dust settles after either the Kings or Devils claim victory.

Seriously, though, if you want a free XBox game, a HNIC jersey, and a copy of Slap Shot, do the two EASY tasks I asked for, and you have an excellent chance at receiving some incredible prizes via mail. Get going, and you could also win a prize from HBIC, CBC, and Microsoft!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: