Sunday 13 January 2013

The NHL Is Back

For those that have been anxiously awaiting word on whether or not the player vote on the new CBA deal would pass, worry no more. The NHL and NHLPA signed a Memorandum of Understanding to allow the NHL season to open in a week's time, and there is a flurry of activity in and around all NHL rinks today. With this Memorandum being passed, the CBA is basically signed, sealed, and delivered, meaning the NHL season will finally get underway - a mere 119 days since the lockout started.

That being said, I'm sure the NHL has been sitting on this video for some time now, but I'm posting it here because it gave me chills the first time I watched it. It's just one of those hockey videos that will make you feel good about the game, especially after all that we, as fans, have been through.
Feels pretty good to see those highlights and know that we're about a week away from magic happening on ice once again. In order to help you, though, I've created some downloadable, printable TV schedules for the next four months of hockey. While I realize that some of you won't get these channels - the TSN regional Jets channel, for example - these are the channels that I get, so I'll be basing my TV watching off these schedules. Canadian viewers will probably benefit, but these are the national games that we'll see in Canada on TSN, CBC, and NBC for sure. Please note that ALL TIMES LISTED ON THE SCHEDULES ARE EASTERN! That means that fans who get the regional Jets channel will need to roll the time back by one hour to see the first period! Again, these are my schedules, so they may change for ease and if additional games are added on, say, TSN2, but you'll know where to find me on specific days now.

Enjoy your hockey again, kids. It's back on TV, and now you know where to find your favorite team on television. Well, Canadian television at least.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: