Monday 6 April 2020

More Free April Stuff

If there's something that I've been doing a little more of while we're isolating, it's that I've been using the evenings to walk. I know that exercise is harder with the gyms and fitness centres being closed, but we can still do the basics and I've been trying to do that through walking in the nice weather in the evening. If I have one complaint about walking, it's that it's still pretty boring. Yes, I wear my iPod and everything is fine, but sometimes I want a change when it comes to my audio choices as I snake my way through the neighbourhood.

In a rather awesome deal, Audible is offering an incredible collection of audio books for kids that come in six different languages for free! There are all sorts of titles in the offer, and these can be streamed for free across your desktop computer, laptop, phone, or tablet!

Now you may be saying, "Hold on, Teebz, I don't want some kids' story to exercise to," and that's fair. However, there are some great titles in here that may entertain you as you're keeping motivated as it pertains to your fitness goals. There are a couple of titles in the Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children series by Ransom Riggs, there are Harry Potter titles by JK Rowling, and there are classics such as The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling, Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe, and several Shakespeare works!

I would encourage you to take advantage of this offer for your kids, teens, and yourself while Audible is offering it. I've listened to one book today just to see how the system works, and I have to say that it was rather awesome. Hearing Hollywood actor Anthony Heald read Herman Melville's classic tome Moby Dick is pretty incredible because it feels like you're at a personal book reading with the actor! Thandie Newton, Joseph Fiennes, and Stephen Fry are among the big-name actors who have contributed their narration talents to these free audio books, so it's likely you'll have a new appreciation for these works after hearing an actor or actress read the stories!

I'm happy to provide another resource for your time of isolation, and I'll continue to do so as I find new offers that will make staying home for an extended period time a little more palatable. In saying that, stay home, be safe, and do your part in trying to quell this pandemic!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: