Saturday 12 September 2020

Need Some Aloe

I am Will Ferrell in this picture. While my day on the diamonds was good overall with only one confirmed, admitted blown call, I came home a little earlier because I was feeling a little warm. It was, after all, a beautiful day with barely a cloud in the sky and the sun was beaming down on all the baseball action. It turns out that the mirror in my bathroom told me why I was feeling so warm as I discovered I have a wicked sunburn across my face and neck. The sun was warm and inviting today, and, like Icarus, I flew too close as I'm paying for it now. Sometimes, getting those last few hours of summer sunlight in is a bad idea.

That being said, this will be a quick entry as I'm gonna hit the hay early while trying to cool off. My sunburn does remind me of a song, though, and I have to say that the word written bu Baz Luhrmann and narrated by Australian voice actor Lee Perry feel quite prophetic today. Here's Everybody's Free by Baz Luhrmann whose advice I will be following tomorrow.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: