Saturday 3 February 2024

An NHL All-Star Weekend Recap

You're kidding me, right? Didn't watch any of it, didn't care about it, not going to regret it. Yes, I saw enough social media posts to know that Auston Matthews and his band of merry men won the game in the very city in which he plays, and the sniper of the Center of the Universe Maple Leafs won himself a shiny MVP trophy that, when combined with $2.50 in the grand scheme of things, will get him an extra-large Tim Hortons coffee. Whoop. Tee. Doo. I don't care.

For anyone who made the pilgrimmage to Gary Bettman's Corporate Wine-and-Dine Weekend, I hope you had fun, but there's serious hockey to be played starting next week. So for all those who attended this weekend's festivities, I have but one simple message.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: