Saturday 28 February 2015

Celebs Do Bubble Hockey

As we found out last season, Jimmy Fallon is a hockey fan. Jimmy took to the The Tonight Show to show his support for his New York Rangers, even going as far to bet the Montreal Canadiens with the loser having to wear the opposition's jersey. Needless to say, Youppi! ended up wearing a Rangers jersey for a day. I always like when Jimmy does something hockey-esque on his show, and Friday night saw him engage in some hockey fun!

Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta Mellark in The Hunger Games movies, stopped by The Tonight Show on Friday, and he and Jimmy settled a score. I'll let Jimmy and Josh set this one up.
Yes, Jimmy scores on himself to give Josh the victory - OWN GOAL! - but it's awesome to see Jimmy getting other celebrities into hockey. His passion for the game is incredible, and I'd hope that he does more hockey-related segments as the playoffs near. In any case, Jimmy Fallon is a great celebrity hockey fan!

My high school lunch hours were spent hammering other players at bubble hockey, but I haven't played it in over a decade now. I'm pretty sure I'd be easy prey for Jimmy, but Josh did what he had to do in keeping the puck out of his shot glasses, and he caught a bounce. Sometimes, that's all bubble hockey is - a bounce or two one way or another.

Sounds like real-life hockey, doesn't it?

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

1 comment:

Priscila Carter said...

ahahaha, yeah i think all people using bubble hockey as their free days beer routine. My husband, for example, simply love the Super Chexx tables. He got few already in his basement, the one I bought for him couple of days ago, it got different league of NHL players and the quality is simply amazing! Check out the blog where I got the ideas from, easy to get what you want if you're a total noob: http://www.gameroomguys.com/Blog/The-History-of-Bubble-Hockey/