Monday 2 September 2019

Last Long Weekend Of Summer

With it being Labo(u)r Day across North America today, there are a vast number of people not at work. It should also be noted that this is the last official long weekend of the summer, and it is the weekend that signifies a dreaded day for most kids and young adults in that school officially starts this week. All of that aside, this is the last long weekend for me until Canadian Thanksgiving which never actually feels like a long weekend with all the family stuff that happens. In saying that, I'm officially making this my last day off until Turkey Day weekend and beyond!

I needed a day off after a busy summer, and I put it to good use as I got some much-needed work around the house done, bought groceries so I can actually have healthy meals, and did enough laundry to make most laundromats proud. In short, today's absence from the grid was more necessary than wanted, but I still wanted a day off nonetheless. With little happening on the hockey front here in the dog days of summer, today seemed like the best time to make that happen.

There's a lot happening on The Hockey Show this week as we welcome a very special guest to the show that closes out our Summer of Interviews series. I won't reveal all today, but I feel very grateful that she shared her story with us, and I'm hopeful that a lot of people tune in because it really is a great story of turning a dream into reality. We'll also remind everyone of where we'll be on upcoming dates so you can see how we do this radio thing live and in-person, and Beans and I are always looking to get out into the community for your events and games. Feel free to reach out here if you like, and we'll do a little chatting to see if The Hockey Show can visit your rink or event this winter!

All in all, I needed a day off, and I took one. See you tomorrow, readers.

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: