Monday 29 June 2020

A Case Of The Mondays

When i first watched Office Space, this particular scene resonated with me because there was a woman in my office who used terms like "case of the Mondays" when she was poking fun at people. Like Peter in the movie, it grated on my nerves, but that was a while back and I've since switched to a new company where I have less people coming at me with cases of Mondays. The weird thing is that today, being a Monday, hit me hard in that I found myself busier than usual, but feeling less motivated to do anything. It could be because I begin a short holiday on Wednesday which is also Canada Day and usually Free Agent Frenzy Day, but everything is different this year. No free agency, no big signings, no earth-shattering free agent moves.

Because I feel entirely unmotivated in writing about COVID-19, hub cities, the NHL's testing of 250 players, the more-than-1450 tests given to those players (seriously? Five tests per player?), the 26 cases found to go along with the 10 cases seen in the spring, and anything else to do with this whole pandemic and the craziness of trying to set up a bubble for 12 teams in each conference, I'm taking the night off for some rest and relaxation.

It's sweltering in my neck of the woods today, and I really don't feel like sitting in front of a computer screen when it's 40°C outside. I'm going to fix myself a cool beverage, lie low with the air conditioning on, and take the night off. Tomorrow is another day where there will be another story to write about the pandemic and the NHL, so I'm tapping out on this one.

Besides, there's carrot cake in the fridge just waiting to have a piece taken out of it, and I'm already halfway out of the chair to do just that!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: