Tuesday 24 October 2023

A Lot Of Hockey

I'll be upfront with you by saying that my efforts to blog about anything related to hockey tonight will be zero thanks to all the hockey that's being broadcasted tonight. I'll be jumping around via the various streams I use to watch games from all over North America as a new one will start every 15 minutes following the puck drop between the Maple Leafs and Capitals. As the ad above shows, all 32 NHL teams are in action tonight with 16 games being played!

I should note that if there's a goalie goal, I might have to update this entry as I'll stop everything for a goalie goal. In saying that, though, I do want to post something as the NHL seems to have come to its senses regarding Pride Tape and its usage across the NHL. For a league that wanted to avoid controversy, the uproar that they caused with an ignorant policy was palpable, but it seems they realized their blunder and reversed their policy today via the following statement.
I'm not here to celebrate the NHL reversing their policy, so I'm going to leave this posted without much commentary. Again, I'll credit Travis Dermott for having the courage to defy the NHL and make them reconsider their inane policy, and I'll tip my cap to the many people behind the scenes that finally came to their senses when it comes to banning personal beliefs being manifested in hockey tape.

I'll let Shrek handle my commentary on the NHL's reversal of policy.

At least the donkeys running the NHL figured out how to schedule 32 teams being in action on the same night. It shows they're not entirely brain-dead when it comes to entertaining its fans. With that, I'm off to watch hockey as I'll be watching a pile of games tonight!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: