Saturday 4 October 2008

Getting Older

If anyone checked back last year at this time, they would have seen me writing about the start of the NHL season, and how it coincides with my birthday. I turn the ripe age of "old" tomorrow, so I'm heading to a party tonight with friends... despite me keeping absolutely quiet about the day. However, watching hockey today from Europe felt good. The New York Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning, Pittsburgh Penguins, and Ottawa Senators opened their seasons today, and that means I'm getting older. I swear that if I get any ties or sweaters for my birthday, I'll snap. I'm not that old yet, damn it!

Anyway, I just wanted to throw out a quick shout-out to a new blog that you can find under the drop-down list to the right. Kelly Mac writes Not Your Average Ice Girl, a blog about the New York Islanders, and she has one of the most awesome pictures ever on her blog:
If I was younger, I'd marry her for that. Ok, I probably wouldn't because she would now think of me as a creep, but that logo is phenomenal. As you probably know, I love the Fisherman Islanders jersey. In fact, I own one that has my all-time favorite Islander from that time period on it.

Commit to the Fisherman = AWESOME! Absolutely incredible, Kelly Mac!

Until next time when I'm older, keep your sticks on the ice!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, I love the cartoon... I've been doing this for years already.

Kirsten said...

Happy birthday!

Bryan said...

My birthday is in early November. This is of note because by this point, we've already reached the high point of any given Islanders season. This one should be no different.

Teebz said...

@Weiss - thanks, man! I'm breaking into the teenage slang this week. LOL!

@Kirsten - mucho gracias, my American-born Canadian friend! ;o)

@Bryan - it's bleak for the Isles, I admit, but I love the Fisherman. I've never liked the Isles, but the Fisherman was decades ahead of its time.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Thanks hun!
I just found your blog from my site meter, so I was all giddy reading your post.
I seriously laughed out loud. I love the fisherman jersey as well; I get grief for wearing mine at games, but come on- it's a ton of grizzly goodness, right?

Teebz said...

You're more than welcome, Kelly! The Fisherman is one of my favorite logos of all-time. I really think they should have used those old jerseys as alternates this season rather than going retro-70s.

I committed a long time ago to the Fisherman! ;o)