Saturday 14 August 2010

Weekend Away

I am spending this weekend away from the sights and sounds of everyday life by taking in some lakeside comfort at a friend's place outside the city. It's quaint, it's quiet, and it's a break from the everyday hustle and bustle I usually do on the weekends. That being said, I drove through Neepawa today which is home to the MJHL's Neepawa Natives. Neepawa, Manitoba is also the home to NHL defenceman Shane Hnidy. No matter where you go in this country, you're always connected to the game somehow. And that's why I love both this country and its official winter sport.

That being said, no major piece today as I was on the road for most of the day, and I'll be getting caught up with friends who I haven't seen in some time. It will be good to get back into the swing of things with these people, so don't expect anything ridiculous on this site today.

I do want to remind everyone that I'm hunting for people who want to write one or two articles in September while I'm off on holidays. I've had a good number of people sign up, but I'm certainly in favor of "the more, the merrier". Check out the blog post from last Sunday describing what's happening in regards to this.

All in all, a quiet weekend here, but if you're interested in posting one or two articles next month, I really encourage you to get in touch with me. I'm excited for the opportunity that will allow my readers to determine what is being written. After all, if it weren't for the people who stop by, there wouldn't be much point in scribing these ideas. In that regard, thanks to everyone who stops by!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: