Saturday 25 December 2021

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, folks! I'm an early riser thanks to my job, but there's always been a palpable excitement over the big day that I just can't shake. Like Kevin McCallister above, I'm the guy waiting for everyone else to gather around the tree for the fun of opening gifts and discovering new treasures on Christmas morning!

If there's one change, it's that I truly enjoy the giving part more than the receiving. I still appreciate the gifts I receive, but seeing someone's face light up upon opening a gift one never thought one would receive or opening a present that one had one's heart set on is truly magical. It's in this giving spirit that I hope you find some magic today as smiles find their ways across the faces of the ones you love.

Be gracious and thank your loved ones profusely for the gifts you receive, but be infinitely more thankful for the people who are doing the giving as well. As we've seen in this pandemic, life is precious and can be snuffed out by what seems like an invisible enemy, so let's be grateful for the people we have around us and be thankful for their safety and health today. For those who have lost someone over the last year, remember those who have passed with the fondest of memories so that their legacies are remembered through laughs and smiles. Family and friends are so important, so let's be thankful for every moment we have with them.

Just as I did yesterday, I wish you nothing but the best in this holiday season, and here's hoping there's a ton of family time as humanly possible even if Uncle Jim gets on your nerves a little. This season is about sharing joy and cheer, so make the most of it today, beyond, and whenever you get a chance. And to all the "Uncle Jims" out there, I apologize for making you the example above. You're good people too!

Merry Christmas to all, and keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: