Monday 10 October 2022

Canadian Turkey Monday

I'm going to let everyone in on a little secret: turkey is awful. Before you grab your torch and pitchforks to hunt me down, I fully admit I've never liked it. There are other Thanksgiving stuff that make up for it, of course, but the main course is just foul fowl. People get all excited for giving because it means turkey sandwiches and turkey soup and turkey put-it-in-everything, but I'll gladly offer my portion to those that like it because I don't. Have never, will never. And just because I'm here ruining traditional holiday meals and practices, don't even think about serving it at Christmas either.

Whatever your feelings on the turkey subject, HBIC is taking a holiday today as I have a pile of stuff to get done around Headquarters with the impending cold weather headed my way this week. It's not so much the cold weather that bothers me, but the accompanying rain and/or snow that comes with it. The last thing I enjoy doing is working outdoors when it's raining nearly frozen droplets on me. Or worse, entirely crystallized droplets in the form of snow.

If there is one thing I enjoy during this time of year, though, it's the abundance of pumpkin pie! I don't like pumpkin in most cases, but, whether it's the nutmeg or some other ingredient, pumpkin becomes palatable in pie form. Here's a quick and easy recipe I found to make pumpkin pie! I do warn you, though: results may differ entirely in your own kitchen if you follow this recipe exactly!

Enjoy your feasts, folks, and keep the battle axes, chainsaws, and bazookas out of the kitchen for everyone's sake!

Until next time, keep your sticks on the ice!

No comments: